Minimum Transport Services for 14th November General Strike Day
November 13th, 2012
The Ministry of Development and the CCOO and UGT trade unions have reached an agreement regarding the establishment of minimum public transport services to be provided during the strike action on Wednesday 14th November 2012.
On the Cercanías suburban railway networks, the minimum service will consist of 30% of all services provided on a normal day and 35% of services provided between 06:00 and 09:00.
On the long-distance railway networks, the minimum service will include the high-speed services on routes covering distances in excess of 500 km or those with an estimated travel time by alternative means of transport in excess of 4 hours. The minimum service percentage agreed on these routes is 20% of those provided on a standard day.
The minimum service will include the necessary ADIF staff to guarantee the minimum services by RENFE and to guarantee ticket sales and passenger information services. At least 11.9% of staff will be working in order to provide the minimum service.
The minimum service percentage agreed with FEVE is 40% (or two services in each direction) between 06:00 and 09:00, and 25% (or one service in each direction) during the rest of the day.
For the air transport sector, the routes and airline minimum service percentages are as follows:
- Links within mainland Spain: 10%
- Inter-island links (Balearic and Canary Islands): 50%
- Links with an origin/destination in the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla: 50%
- Links between the Spanish mainland and the rest of the world: 20% for connections to destinations within the European Economic Area; and 40% for connections to destinations beyond the European Economic Area.
Furthermore, minimum handling services have been agreed as necessary to guarantee the correct operation of the flights included in the minimum services.
A 25% minimum service has been agreed in terms of road transport on the regular transport concessions of the Ministry of Development.
Finally, the minimum maritime transport and port services will be:
Maritime transport services:
- Mainland-Balearic Islands: 3 services in each direction
- Mainland-Melilla: 1 service in each direction
- Mainland-Canary Islands: 1 service in each direction
- Mainland-Ceuta: 2 services in each direction
- Maritime Rescue: 100% of rescue resources (boats, aerial units, etc.) and 30.6% of staff at coordination centres
- Port services: 50% of surveillance services and the personnel necessary to service the maritime traffic designated as part of the minimum service.
- Minimum Services Agreed for 29th March General Strike
- Spanish General Strike had Limited Impact and Support
- Flight Disruption Expected Due to General Strike Action